Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm Such an Idiot!!

In the "If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?" department....

One of my big gripes with Prezi has been the seeming "wonkiness" of the resizing tool which you use to make text or shapes larger/smaller.    It never worked very well for me, and there was no rhyme or reason to whether a selected object would grow larger, smaller, or just sit there and vibrate!

I would sit there and drag in frustrated circles, generally achieving nothing.

Well, ahem.  Today I accidentally grabbed an object, and instead of making my usual circle (following the shape of the tool), I just dragged it straight to the left and--miracle!--it grew seamlessly larger.  Dragging to the right, it grew smaller.

The perils of rigid thinking, but just look at that tool!  Doesn't it imply "drag in a circle?"  : )

1 comment:

  1. I tried Prezi after you started blogging about it and I thought the same thing! I was so frustrated that it would just sit there and vibrate while I was trying to re-size it. Who would have thought to just go straight-thanks for letting us know:)

    ReplyDelete