Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A New Twist on Digital Storytelling...

Google, as usual, made quite an impression with its unusual Superbowl ad, showing how search (and Google!) are integral to our lives.

The ad caught on, inspiring both imitations and this great parody that actually made me laugh out loud.



Google has now created an online tool to create your own "Search Story." Isn't that a great idea for one of those fun, end-of-the-year assignments we're always looking for the last week or two of school? I think I'm even going to sponsor a library contest and show the top five at our MediaFest.

I think one judging category will be demonstrating the search skills I teach during the year.

Once you click on the story creator, a pop-up menu offers tips for anyone struggling for ideas. I'm going to make one this week, and I'll post it when it's finished.

Story on!

No comments:

Post a Comment