Friday, August 7, 2009

Move Your Books--Digitally

How many times have you had a senior comment "This is the first time I've checked a book out of the library!" I hear this far more often than I'd like. While our students read, they're far more likely to just buy what they want at Borders than check a book out of the library.

Part of that is because my fiction collection leaves a lot to be desired. I'm working on it. But it's also because I don't have much display room. For some ideas on how to display books digitally, check out this post from Joyce Valenza. I found some great ideas for rotating digital displays on the library website. Can't wait to try them out.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. But-- any ideas for how to really do something cool with kids reviewing books? My kids can put book reviews directly on our OPAC (we upgraded to Destiny now) and I run a middle school blog, where they write book reviews-- but both options are kind of old. Got any ideas for me? Here they all come back to school, fresh from all that summer reading I assigned them....

    ReplyDelete