Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bib 2.0 is Three Years Old Today

Yesterday I was wondering when I started this blog--I knew it was around summer sometime--dug into the archives and discovered that, indeed, I started blogging 3 years ago today.  Wow.

I started the blog as a library student at Pitt, as part of an independent study in Web 2.0.  Had I known I would keep blogging for so long, I would have come up with a better name!

It has been a remarkable tool for exploring my own thoughts on the changing landscape that is education and technology, and a marvelous opportunity to share those and ideas with the wider community.  What a marvel it is, eh--a chance to publish and build an audience, without having to hazard the rigors of the usual editorial process.  That may not always be a good thing, but it does change the very nature of the game.

Miranda-like, sometimes I can only stand in awe and murmur, "O, brave, new world..."

...and try to ignore any Huxley-like misgivings.

Here's to at least three more.

No comments:

Post a Comment