Saturday, June 19, 2010

Edit those PDF Files!

via Richard Byrne:

Have you ever downloaded a PDF file to use as a handout,  but you wanted to make some tweaks?  Before, unless you could fork out $450 for Adobe's Acrobat Pro, you were stuck with having to retype everything.  Now there's PDF to Word, which can, well, turn PDF files into editable Word documents. And it's free.

I tested it with a graphics and format heavy document I put together on film editing, and I must say, I was impressed.

Here's a screen shot of the original file
















And here's the converted file:


















Not bad at all.

And, of course, I don't need to remind you to still give credit where credit is due, if you do edit someone else's file!

1 comment:

  1. I find something I can use literally every time I read your blog. Love the pdf to word thing!! Do you know about shmoop? I dig it so much!! Check out the music tab!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete