Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Annual Report, or Do I Really Need to Spend 16 Hours On This?

The answer, of course, is yes.  I'll confess,  in my five year library career, I've been a bit slack in the  report department.  My monthly reports tend to be quarterly, and one year I did my annual report as an Animoto video, because I figured nobody read it anyway, and maybe they'd watch a 2 minute video.

This year, I gave myself a stern talking to, and not only did a report, I wrote one 11 pages long.  That's a record for me (they tend to average 3-4 pages).  I'm sure there's more I could have included, and I imagine my next will be longer yet, as I continue to sort out what to include.

This time, I worked at making it visually rich. Theoretically, that should make it easier (and more interesting ) to read than  a bunch of dry text and statistics.  That said, I struggle with how much of "the vision thing" to include, when the report is already 11 pages.  My secondary principal groaned when I told her that.  Much as I admire Buffy's hefty 20 pager, I think my admin would strangle me if I turned in something that huge.

11 Final

2 comments:

  1. I really like the format of your report. What program did you use to create it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miss M! I used Pages, part of the iWork suite for Macs.

    ReplyDelete