Tuesday, July 3, 2007

What you Learn When You Start Reading Blogs

I haven't posted in a few days because I've spent so much time chasing down cool apps in the plethora of blogs I now read every morning, thanks to Will Richardson's RSS guide, which taught me the power of aggregators. He makes the point in his book that it's the one tool every teacher ought to use. At the time I thought that was probably over-speak, but I can't believe what I've learned/discovered in the past week, just from reading blogs! Here are a few of my favorites.

Edu.blogs yesterday highlighted some of Ewan McIntosh's de.licio.us bookmarks. Zentation has real potential both in the classroom and as part of Library 2.0. Wouldn't this be great for online tutorials? You could video presentations you give to classes, then post the lecture/power point for other students to access.

This hilarious Periodic Table of the Internet is going be a feature of my library this fall.

I don't remember which blog pointed me to Stu.dicio.us, but I plan to show it to students next year. It allows students to take/share notes, upload files, create to-dos, and link with Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment