Friday, July 16, 2010

Who Do You Write Like?

Stylistically, that is.

I write like is a fun little tool.  Like Wordle, you input at least a few paragraphs of text...from a paper, your blog, whatever, hit the button, and it "analyzes" your writing style to tell you who you write like.

Ex-English teacher that I am, how could I not??  The first time I only put in two paragraphs, and it came up James Fenimore Cooper.  EXCUSE ME!!??  If that were true, I would stop blogging immediately, consdering it a cruel and unusual punishment to perpetrate upon my audience.

So I tried it again with a longer post, and it decided I write like David Foster Wallace.  Still not a fave, but better!

Give it a try.

3 comments:

  1. Dan Brown. So why don't have more money?

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I'm a little suspicious here. I just did it and oddly enough, I write like David Foster Wallace, too. Coincidence? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was a bit suspicious, too. The NPR guy who was talking about this also came up David Foster Wallace! I thought I'd test it, and put in some Jane Austen, and it came up....Jane Austen.

    LOL--However, I also put in a chapter from The Scarlet Letter. Apparently Hawthorne writes like Bram Stoker!

    ReplyDelete